Sherpani Diversity and Inclusion StatementUpdated 6 months ago
At Sherpani a diverse, inclusive, and fair workplace is one where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feels valued and respected.
We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in all our departments, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
We’re committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the outdoor industry and maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for cultural equality, Sherpani LLC strives to:
- See diversity, inclusion, and equality of opportunity as connected to our mission and critical to ensuring the well-being of our staff and the communities we serve.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any biases within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how biases impact our organization’s work and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Help to challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our organization and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our board, staff, committee, and advisory bodies.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and express it in workplace interactions and everyday practices.
Sherpani LLC abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- Generate and aggregate quantitative and qualitative research related to equality of opportunity.
- To make incremental, measurable progress toward the visibility of our diversity, inclusion, and equality of opportunity efforts.
- Develop and present sessions on diversity, inclusion, and equality of opportunity to provide internal information and resources to members, the community, and the outdoor industry.
- Develop a system for being more intentional and conscious of bias during the hiring, promotion, or evaluation process. Train our hiring team on equitable practices.
- Include a salary range with all public job descriptions.